Once again, my neighbor shared a winner.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup sprouts
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (if you don't have low sodium mix 1/8 cup soy sauce to 1/8 cup water)
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs rice vinegar (I didn’t have any, OK to use White Wine Vinegar or Cider Vinegar)
- 2 tsp grated, peeled fresh ginger (may use power instead)
- 2 tsp chili paste with garlic (Didn’t have this either, used 2 tsp Hot Chili sauce)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
Combined and cook all ingredients in saucepan over medium and whisk until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cook pasta per package directions in large pot and drain then put back in pot used to cook pasta. Add chicken, onions, carrots and sprouts. Add PB mixture toss gently. This dish has many variations. Shrimp or tofu instead of chicken. Or add snow peas, bell pepper strips or other veggies. Just use your favorites.
Thanks Krazy cake lady!
Her recipe is HERE