Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies

I have had a bag of awesome pretzel m&m’s sitting around here for a while.
Picked at, little by little.
When I came across this recipe, I knew this was a good rid my pantry of them for good…

Food1

1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 large bag of pretzel M&M’s
optional: Kosher or Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Cream together shortening, sugars, and peanut butter.
Add egg, vanilla and milk. In a separate bowl combine the salt, baking soda, and flour, then add to dough.
Using a spoon add in candy, being careful not to break them apart.
Using a cookie scoop or spoons, form into balls and place onto cookie sheets.
Use your fingers to flatten cookies just a little. 
If desired, sprinkle a little kosher or sea salt on top (Brings out the saltiness of the pretzels!)  
Bake 10 minutes.*

*My oven only took 8 minutes.

(I found the original recipe HERE)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds like a fantastic combination, salty, sweet, and candy crunchy. Fantastic idea for a cookie and they look super. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-2.html

    ReplyDelete