Quiche

This is a recipe that I have not tried, but was submitted by my cousin Travis. I have heard rumors that he is quite the BBQ and Dutch Oven chef, so I am sure this recipe will not fail.

** Be sure to read his added comments for additional suggestions/options

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheese

Blend eggs, baking mix and milk in blender. Grease 10-inch pie pan or quiche pan and spread cheese over bottom. Pour blended mixture over and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Filling will puff slightly and be golden brown on top.

May also be cooked it in the microwave for about 10 minutes, 3-4 minutes at a time.  At each break, stir it up a little, stirring the cooked part into the middle, allowing the uncooked part to flow to the outside. Finish it off (about 5 minutes) in the oven.

** I added cooked breakfast sausage to it this time.  I placed half the sausage in the pan before adding the wet ingredients, and I used the balance of the meat and the drippings to make a pan gravy which I served over the finished quiche.
In the past, we've also added krab to the wet ingredients, or served the cheese-only quiche with salsa.

 

Thanks Trav!

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment