Crockpot Chicken

Being from Utah, and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon), Ward Cookbooks are common on my shelves. These cookbooks are a collection of favorite recipes from people we worship with. They are often recipes that are passed down for generations, or simply a family favorite.  I have received books from my own Ward, and have been given books from my mother and sister-in-law from their Wards.

This recipe is one of my family favorites and comes from my sister-in-law’s Ward. We serve it over rice or baked potatoes. Peas or broccoli compliment it very well! I make this often and will share part of it when the Relief Society calls for help with bringing in meals to a family in need. (Usually after babies are born or surgeries are performed.)

  • Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6, maybe more if they are small)
  • 1 envelope of dry Italian Seasoning Mix
  • 8 ounces Cream Cheese
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken soup

Place the chicken in a Crockpot or slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian dressing packet over the chicken. Cook 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low. One hour before serving, blend the softened cream cheese with the cream of chicken soup. Drain off the broth from the chicken and add it to this soup mixture. Blend well and pour mixture over the chicken then continue to cook for one more hour.

This chicken is so tender and will fall apart. We serve this directly over rice with extra sauce on top and a vegetable on the side.  I hope you enjoy this a much as we do.

blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment